November 9, 2007

September 30, 2007






On the date noted above, my Ovarian Cancer Support Group, in conjunction with OCC (Ovarian Cancer Canada), held a 25th Remission Celebratory Lunch in my honour. In April of 1982, I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer - you're welcome to read about my ride with this insidious disease on the link posted. I was so happy that all my friends and family were on hand to help me celebrate this most auspicious milestone in my life. I would like to thank the following sponsors, who generously donated a door prize or food gift:
Capo Foods - Beautiful and delicious cake
Loree Dubuque - Gorgeous hand-crafted necklace, bracelet, and earring set (in ovca teal)
Lisa Greenaway - Bath Set and Body Shop Nail Care Kit
Stephanie Holt - Unique and beautiful Hand-crafted Card Set, Bookmark, and Photo Frame
Canadale Nurseries - $25 Gift Certificate and Full-Colour Gardening Guide
Crabby Joes - $30 Gift Certificate
Cats Kaboose - $25 Gift Certificate
Arthur Voaden Secondary School - $30 Diva Spa Package (as well, Mrs. Franklin, the Cosmetology Dept. teacher, held a Spa Day on Oct. 1. Proceeds benefited OCC - thank you!!)
Bodies by Paton - T-shirt and 1-week Trial Membership
Tommy White Sports - Baseball Cap
The St. Thomas Photographic Guild - Paper and printing of images that I gave away as door prizes, as well as generous money gift donations for framing from various members
Forest of Flowers - 2 dozen of the most sweet-smelling, and beautiful red long-stem roses
Smith Fruit - Produce for Crudites and Fruit trays
Loblaws - $30 Gift Certificates, which were used to purchase food items
I would be remiss in not thanking the following people for helping me put on this event. Without their help and dedication, I would not have been able to pull it off: Vince, Diane, Kelly, Roger, Cathy, Pat, my husband Rob, my step-daughter Tatum, and of course, the great driving force behind it all, Harold. Our guest speakers were Doug Daye from Toastmasters, who gave a rousing and inspirational story about all the inspiring people who have impacted his life, and Dr. Monique Bertrand - Supervisor: Head, Division Gyn Oncology Ovarian Cancer Research, who gave an interesting talk about ovarian cancer statistics and the impact of them amongst the different demographic and geographic regions in Canada. I was so pleased with the day!! It was very successful. We were able to raise $647.57, portions of which were donated to OCC and The London Ovarian Cancer Support Group. I cannot say anything more about that, I am just so overwhelmed by the generosity and kindness of everyone!!!!!




No comments: