November 9, 2007

Keep Your Face to the Sunshine . . . It's What Sunflowers Do - Helen Keller

I had a particular story in mind when I decided that I wanted to donate a pic to my 25th Remission Lunch. On my way to the Doctors' I had noticed a couple of fields of sunflowers near Wallacetown. Hmmmm, I thought, GREAT! but the sunflowers were all cheery and happy their heads pointed towards the sun (as is their ilk). I wanted a scene where most heads were down, droopy, to convey exactly what I wanted. It had rained a couple of days later, so off Rob and I headed. I shot many pictures, and scanned the field for what seemed like hours, before capturing this story. Kristen Brady won the picture, which I had framed, and many thanks to The St. Thomas Photographic Guild for graciously donating the paper and printing of it.

No comments: