March 29, 2007

I managed to capture this image using modelling clay and a wire fed up through the stem of the African Violet. I fussed and fussed with trying to keep the flower stem upright in the egg shell. It took awhile, but this is what finally came out. I removed some undesirable elements in post production, but other than that, this is what my camera caught.
I shot this one last year. It was an assignment photo from the time I took the Introduction to Photography course from Phil Bell. Esthetically, I think it's rather pleasing, although maybe I should have removed the bench.
This is my cat, Mrs. Weezer A'Wiggins. Huh, I just realized that she weighs as much as her age (which is 14)! She's like most cats, aloof, BUT she comes a'runnin' when the Whiska Tasty Temptations bag is shaken. It is then that she's put through a battery of tricks. She's sooooooo smart. She shakes both paws, sits pretty, waves "Hi", lies down, gives kisses, and falls down "dead" when I say "Bang!" We also own a couple of tub chairs. One is HER chair. She loves to get spun 'round in it. What a goof! Sharon, you'll like this one, we adopted her when she was two, from a foster parent, who was a member of Animal Aide.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your "Spring Emerging" shot is absolutely amazing. It is not only a very creative shot, but also well exposed and composed. You have some great shots here, Mer. Judy R.