August 13, 2007

Random Images of Summer

I probably should have called this one "Tears of Joy" (or something like that), but wasn't smart enough to think about it at the time. This is a close-up detail of one of the blooming water lily flowers, that I have in my pond.
So . . . Rob and I were out shooting my Heritage Trees at the St. Thomas Cemetary just this past Sunday. I spied this scene on our way out. I asked Rob to stop the truck so that I could take a picture of it. He thought that I was outta my mind, 'cause he didn't quite get my humour until I told him what the name on the tombstone was. Call me a sick pup, but I couldn't let this photo opp pass me by!
In the summer, I spend most of my time out in the garden - you know, weeding, watering, futzing, and generally getting dirty. I love the feel of soil beneath my fingertips, and derive much satisfaction from the beautiful bit of paradise I have created for me and my family to enjoy. While out one morning, I espied this scene. It is the quintessential amphibian on a lilypad (in this case, a toad). The femaile had just finished laying her strings and strings of black pearls, which she decorated the undersides of the Water Hyacinths. I quickly ran indoors, fired up the ol' camera, and snapped a few off. Luckily for me, Mr. Toad had decided that the top of the lilypad was a comfortable place to reat, and allowed me to take a few pics of him.
This is a detail of one of those "Pocket Rockets" that some people enjoy riding. The young fellow driving it was dressed in an outfit matching his bike. I thought that rather funny, but different strokes, eh?

No comments: